Friday, May 4, 2012

Appreciation

Right now I am looking into the face of some very real struggles. This month is going to be hard, but I have some great opportunities coming up soon. I feel like this month is going to be a test of our faith, courage, and trust in God's promise. I find that it is typical of God to come through in strange ways, and always when our concerns are staring us in the face.

A loved friend recently brought up a unique concept of what God may be doing in our lives right now. God took me away from my work before, and I panicked. We were watching everything that we worked for shatter, and ended up trying to run away in various ways. We were shocked and devastated at what was happening. We sought God, and he promised to catch us, but we continually prayed in worry, and desperation. It is possible that we missed out on a great opportunity then by running away. God blessed us anyways, but perhaps in a different way than was originally intended.
        Perhaps it is that God asked us to commit this time to him in this way as a new opportunity to do things right. Our attitude is different, our resolve is solid, we come before him without fear, and with expectation. I am not afraid of what is coming--no matter what it is. We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us, and no weapon forged against us will destroy us.

I have miles to walk in this city, and God is not going to let my spirit rest until I have completed His request-to walk the city of Lynchburg, and to pray for the people here. Until recently it was just Gary and I walking and praying for God to really make himself known in this city, and in our lives as never before. Now there are people who would like to join us in our walks, and we will be moving into more of a focus on the people, the businesses, the safety, and the needs in this city, and around us. We are also praying for the town of Erwin Tennessee, and that God would open up the lands there for something incredible to happen. The town is sleepy, but beautiful and waiting for God to renew it. There were several verses in the Bible along with confirmation that we are doing this--I thought you might enjoy the references to what God has done with those who claim ground for Him.

KJV- Joshua 1:3 -Every place that the sole of your foot shall tread upon, that have I given unto you, as I said unto Moses.

Deuteronomy 11:24-(where God tells Moses to claim the ground that he walks)- Every place where you set your foot will be yours: Your territory will extend from the desert to Lebanon, and from the Euphrates River to the western sea.

Jerry Falwell from "Building Dynamic Faith"- "I spent many days walking Liberty Mountain alone and claiming every square foot of it for the university. I claimed Joshua 1:3 as God's promise to me personally." (If anyone has this book I'd really love to borrow it )

Anyone who actually heard Dr. Falwell tell this story knows what God did through him. Liberty University, TRBC, the Godparent Home, Camp Hydeaway, and Snowflex all reside on what was once just grass, forest, and a dream. I am not afraid because I know that God is going to do great things through us. I trust that all of my bills are paid, and all of the people, businesses, and dreams that God has called us to support. I may only be able to support them in prayer now...someday soon we are going to do something incredible-I know it.

We will also be starting a Bible study in our home and anyone who would like to join us is welcome to do so. We will be starting the study in June, and are thinking of hosting it on Monday evenings. We know that there are people around here whose lives are really hectic, and who trust, and identify with us. We would like to have the opportunity to encourage them. I am looking forward to beginning this very much!

Today many things are due, and I am watching to see how God keeps his promise, and answers our prayers. I am excited to share how today ends, and what happens.

I am also excited because my in-laws are going to be visiting this weekend. We have not seen them in some time so it's very special. I will also be spending some time with my family soon, and I am really happy to be able to catch up with all of my family like this it's delightful!






No comments:

Post a Comment