Thursday, April 12, 2012

Gasoline

The past couple of days have made me a little nervous about what is to come. For three days I have been driving on an empty tank of gas. However, with a little bit coming from here and there I have made it to and from work everyday without any trouble.

Yesterday I was speaking with one of my co-workers about our decision to cancel the bankruptcy that we were originally pursuing. Another thing that God made clear to us was that we are going to pay back our current debts. A few weeks ago the first request for payment rolled in and we were able to discuss payback with them. The representatives we spoke with were all very kind and helpful. Everyone was surprised that we had any kind of desire to pay back the amounts that we owe. Tuesday I spoke with another company that I had been in excellent standing with before I lost my job in the spring of two-thousand and eleven. Even after being delinquent for many months they told me that if I could pay them $108 by this upcoming Friday that I would return to good standing with them and only owe a base amt of $25 a month (which is incredible). There is only one company I have not heard back from yet, and that is the monster company that originally sank us. I am glad that I have not heard from them just yet.

The co-worker I was talking with is a woman of God who has encouraged me in this decision. I was speaking with her about it briefly and how God has come through in little ways here and there ever since I put in my two-weeks-notice. We are both confidant that since it is God who asked us to follow him then we will be okay. At the end of our conversation I mentioned that my gas tank had even been holding out for days, and that I wasn't sure how, but I was confidant that I would make it home that evening. The woman, who is also trusting God for many things, assisted me with enough to make it until tomorrow, my last official payday. Also another delightful co-worker of mine overheard the end of our conversation and had her husband bring a gallon of gasoline to put in my car to be sure that I would make it to the gas station. I made it, and everything is okay.

Please continue to pray for us as we move into this time of uncertainty, and decision. We are both going to be taking heavy courseloads this summer. I am trying to decide if I would like to keep my semester long course with 2 on campus intensives, or if I should pick up a third intensive as advised by the Ethnomusicology department. (In fact they say we can take all four required intensives in one summer, but I feel that would be excessive.) I need to make this decision very soon, so any and all prayer is helpful.

Gary just submitted his Academic Suspension appeal, and has been granted the ability to continue taking classes. The Academic appeal was granted, and he has been accepted into the AA: Business as an online student.He should be able to complete the two-year degree in one or two semesters. He may have the first degree as early as December, or as late as next May. Please pray for him as well as he makes a decision on what courses to attend this summer as well.

Thank you for your support,

Ashley Watts


1 comment:

  1. Amazing how He works things out, isn't it? :) I have no doubt that you two will be ok and I don't say that to mean I know you will have gas every week or have money for bills as they are due. You'll be ok because you're following the right path. I learned early that praying every night and really listening to what He wanted would not get me what I thought I needed. I always got what HE needed me to have.
    There was a day I had a flat tire on the way to work. I KNEW missing that day of pay would kill us on bills and was really ticked off. As I was getting it patched, I met a girl whose laptop's wifi just stopped working. She needed it working to get a project turned in for school. It was an easy fix. I remember her looking at me with these thankful eyes.
    You never know what He will need of you. You may find yourself a wealthy CEO and be called to use that power and wealth to save the world, or you may find yourself homeless to comfort the others on the street that need His love. While I'm certain none of us are enthusiastic about the homeless idea, I'm certain His plan for you two will be profound. Keep at it ^_~

    ReplyDelete