Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Obedience

When God gives you the green light to do something that he has called you to it will be confirmed. When I took the first step of this journey I was concerned about taking the right steps at the right time. I jumped off two and a half weeks ago and I have received comment after comment about how this is what God wants us to do. The greatest of which has come from people who do not know who we are, or what God has asked of us.

Friday morning I spoke with a man who I have not talked to in a very long time. I did mention that I was following God into a new direction and explained a little bit about our goals, and dreams. He came right out and told me that we are right for following God in this situation. You know that something is real when you are talking to someone who could not possibly be aware of your situation who comes right out and tell you what is going on. I have confidence in what God has asked of me and I will not doubt.

Today was the Jumping off point and I am so grateful for the love, and support of my co-workers. I have never been more sad to leave a job, and of my own decision at that. However, God has already shown himself in little and interesting ways. 

This past weekend I traveled home to my family (who I dearly love) in Tennessee for my birthday.  I received two gift cards as presents, a card to Target, and Khols. Although I do not shop at these locations often they have some wonderful products that I have been looking forward to getting. When I got off work this evening I was wondering what God is going to do next. Gary, and some of my wonderful co-workers helped me load my office belongings into my vehicle. Upon entering the car Gary showed me a couple of coupons that we received in the mail. There were only two coupon booklets, and they came from Target and Khols. The booklet for Target has a special on delicious items, and Khols on ladies clothing & accessories. I find this to be just another fascinating  way that God has shown us that he knows what we have, what we need and provides for us. 

*Reminder* 

My husband, and I are not the only ones who are provided for in this world. Christ has promised to take care of those who have a relationship with Him. This promise can be found in Luke 12:27-40 in its entirety. I have included the New King James Version of this passage below for you. However, I would encourage you to read this on your own. God has challenged us to take him at his word both here and in James 4:2 where he clearly states that we do not have what we desire because we neglect to ask. No matter how much we fight for something be it position, recognition, objects, safety, or money we will not find these things until we seek God in them, and honor God through them.

Luke12:27-40

27 Consider the lilies, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; and yet I say to you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 28 If then God so clothes the grass, which today is in the field and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, how much more will He clothe you, O you of little faith?
29 “And do not seek what you should eat or what you should drink, nor have an anxious mind. 30 For all these things the nations of the world seek after, and your Father knows that you need these things. 31 But seek the kingdom of God, and all these things[a] shall be added to you.
32 “Do not fear, little flock, for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom. 33 Sell what you have and give alms; provide yourselves money bags which do not grow old, a treasure in the heavens that does not fail, where no thief approaches nor moth destroys. 34 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.


(Man who missed out because of his attachment to possessions : Matthew 19:16-22)

Freedom in God is realizing that we have nothing without Him, and need not worry about our possessions. Realize that the longer we hold onto something in fear...the longer we will suffer. The moment that we let go, no matter how reluctantly, the sooner healing can begin. I know that my decision may appear flawed to some, but I am completely confidant in God, and have faith that no matter what I will have no Need to fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment