Tuesday, April 10, 2012

No Fear

When I made the decision to follow Gods voice I was fearful. I was uncertain as to how he would provide, but confidant in my needs. I put off handing in my resignation at work due to such fears. However, God took the time to remind me of what he has done for me, and of a promise that I made to him a long time ago.

In 2005 I worked at a summer camp in Maryland where I learned many great things about obedience. A gentleman named Alex was looking for answers, and where God was at in his life. God nudged me to pray for and encourage him. I refused, citing my own attraction to the boy as a reason not to step up. When that summer came to a close I came face to face with a devastating realization. Alex came forward and honored the people who had ultimately come forward and prayed with him that first evening. He said that he had reached a difficult point in his understanding of God, and that their support and love in that time was dearly appreciated. 

I denied God, and in doing so, myself, of an opportunity to impact someones life with my pathetic excuses. From that day forward I promised God that I would never say "no" to him again. 

In my comfort I knew that God's voice was calling me to leave my job recently. Unlike any other call I have had in my life since that night; this was a challenge. I have been troubled, and distressed over this request for weeks. But, God brought my promise to mind and, although afraid, I put in my two weeks notice last Wednesday. Now I am waiting for my last day with Liberty University's Online Academic Advising to end. I know that God is going to do something incredible, I don't know what, but I am sure that it will become clear in due time.

Since making the decision God has reminded me to be confidant, and not to doubt. Doubt and fear could rob me of his promises and drive me to make plans. Plans that would take me away from what He has asked me to do.

God has asked us (my husband and I) to walk this, the City of Lynchburg, to claim every step for Him. To put a strong effort into my study to pursue my MA: Ethnomusicology towards becoming a Professor. Gary is called to pursue his AA and BS in Business to work towards an eventual MBA to pursue college administration. My husband and I are both going to walk Lynchburg, and anyone who knows this call is welcome to join. We are called to do this with boldness and without fear-which is why I am telling you these things today. 

Anyone who does not feel called to join us is welcome to support us through prayer. You can support us with whatever by sending support to student alhawkins@liberty.edu-Ashley Lynn Hawkins. We are trusting God to provide everythingthing-Food, Clothing, Travel, Research, Tuition/fees. (In detail passport, visa, plane tickets, rent/utilites, classes including online and residential intensive courses.) We are praying that God will allow us to complete our educations, and educational requirements without incurring any further debts.

Bible Verses that have lead me this week. Feel free to look them up:

All of Micah 6-

message: I am going to give you what I promise, but as a warning follow me or you will not have the very things you strive for.

All of Deuteronomy 28-

message: I am going to bless you for listening to me.

Habakkuk 2:2-3

message: Write down the Vision-so that those who see it will also carry it out (why this note is here)

Hebrews 11:1- Faith is the substance of hope, and the realization of things not seen.

Isaiah 54:17-No weapon forged against us will succeed.

James 4:2-You do not have because you do not ask

Psalm 91- God will protect you. No matter how your enemies surround you-they will not harm you.


1 comment:

  1. That's the spirit!!! Whatever you do, do with all you are! You're going to have days where this journey gets really hard. You're going to have days where it gets down right impossible. I imagine God like a coach in situations like these. He'll get you what you need to keep going. All you need is the dedication, the spirit, the sheer TENACITY TO DO WHATEVER NEEDS TO BE DONE!!! Sorry, got carried away there :P. Anyway, we're all here for you. God will make sure of that. Don't give up. Never quit. No fear.

    ReplyDelete